Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our new Halloween Traditions

Last year for Halloween dinner I made Dinner in a Pumpkin.  It was cute but not the best.  So this year I was bound and determined to master the Dinner in a Pumpkin.  I went to all my regular recipe sites looking for the perfect one.  I found one that looked promising, but I didn't have all of the ingredients.  Could be because I thought of doing it at nap time on Halloween day and had a million other things to finish so going to the store wasn't in the cards.

I used what I had and it turned out wonderful.  It was cooked and had flavor and everyone but my daughter ate it.  Shes in her picky phase....again.


Stuffed and in the fridge waiting to be cooked with a smile on his face. 


Still smiling and in the oven.



All cooked and a beautiful deep orange color.



His insides.

Here is the recipe I used

1 medium/small pumpkin (Sugar pie ones seem to taste the best)
1 lb ground beef
1/4 large sweet onion
1/2 Jar Alfredo Sauce
1/4 Jar Pasta Sauce
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1/2 shaved Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 C cooked rice or al dente pasta
1/2 t basil
1 t Italian seasoning
Salt
Pepper

1:  Clean your pumpkin out and save the top so make the top a pretty cut.  Salt and pepper the inside.  Draw your Jack O'Lantern face with a sharpie
2: Preheat oven to 350
3: Add 1 T of olive oil to skillet and let it heat up
4: Add onions and cook until just tender
5: Add ground beef and cook until just almost done
6: Drain off fat/oil
7: In a large bowl add the meat mixture and everything else.  Mix very well
8: Stuff the pumpkin
9: Put top on and place it on a cookie sheet in the oven for 1hr or until the pumpkin meat is done.
10: Put on a plate and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment