Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fantastic Flubber Fun

If I haven't said it already... I love Pinterest.  So many wonderfully fun ideas.  I ran across a few Fantastic Flubber recipes.  So here is our first batch of Flubber and Emma is having a blast playing with it while her brother sleeps.


This recipe makes a big batch, so if you want to have a few different colors cut it in thirds before mixing the 2 mixtures together.

Glue Mixture:
1 1/2 cups warm water
8 oz Elmer's glue (Can use Clear Elmer's glue for a slim look)
Food coloring

Borax Mixture:
3 tsp Borax
1 cup warm water

Mix both very well.  (Split off in separate bowls if making different colors.)

Add borax mixture into glue mixture. 

You don't need to stir the mixtures together because its a chemical reactions that makes it Flubber.  When it looks like a glop of stuff  take it out and kneed it for a few minutes.  If will feel wet but that will go away as your kneed it. 

I'm not sure about storing it.  But I'm going to put it in a Ziploc and see if that keeps it.  If not, looks like I need to stock up on Elmer's glue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment