Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The start of my Mini Me's 'big girl room'

When my daughter was born I had a hard time finding things to decorate her room with.  So it ended up being very plain.  Cute but plain.  It stayed that way until it was time to switch her to a 'big girl bed'. 

We were having our son and his room was fully decorated with baseball themed items from top to bottom.  I started feeling bad for Emma, my Mini Me, and felt like I had fallen short on the mommy thing. 

I knew that this was the last time I'd have full power on how her room was decorated.  Next time I knew she'd have an opinion on everything.  So I decided to take full advantage of this fact.  I wanted to do tulips for her baby room, but they are very hard if not impossible to find.  Tulips I would have one way or another.

Luckily Daddy found her bedding at Pottery Barn Kids and I was off to a good start.  Or so I thought.  I remembered why her room was the way it was.  There isn't a tulip to be found that is child-like.  Next step was to get my crafty on.

No comments:

Post a Comment