Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crock Pot here I come......

I have always had a crock pot, but never really used it.  Cooking in it for 1 always seemed silly to me  Now with 4 to feed, it seems like a good idea.  I'm a bulk food buyer anyways, so why not make it work better and easier for me.  Trying to figure out whats for dinner 6 nights a week gets crazy.  I always have a full freezer of meats (gotta love my hubby who got me the Food Saver last year for Christmas), veggies, fruit and herbs.  And my pantry is always stocked with pasta sauces, coconut milk, canned tomatoes and condensed soup.  Having these ready staples has helped in my meal cooking, but not so much the planning.  When we do our monthly Costco run I always get the big bag of veggies and other fresh items.  Which most of it ending up in the trash because I didn't use it or waiting till the last moment to freeze it and its too far gone.  So my mission, which I have chosen to accept, is to bag the meals and freeze them to be tossed into the crock pot.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment