Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Card Book

I'm sure like many of you, you wonder what to do with your Christmas Cards.  I have displayed them several ways in my house.  Hanging them from the mantel, placing them all over the house or taping them to the walls.  So this year I did a little more decorating on the mantel then normal and didn't want to add another thing to it.  I also decorated the walls a bit more this year so I was out of space.  What to do....what to do.... A Christmas Card Book.

Supplies:
-Cardboard--I used a thin one
-Scrapbook Paper or Christmas paper that wont tear easy.  I used 2 different patterns. 4 total sheets
-ModPog or Glue (what ever you have on hand)
-Scissors
-Binder Rings
-Hole Punch
-Embellishments (Stickers or whatever you want)


I started out with an empty box, it was a thin as a cereal box.  I cut off all the flaps and tried to make it as straight as possible.  I then took the cards I had received so far and laid them on top to measure.  I was able to get a pretty universal measurement I believe.  I made mine 6x8.  I then cut the paper a bit larger so I could make sure I had wiggle room in case I messed up. 



Next I put ModPog on one side of the cardboard and the back of the paper.  I was able to wiggle the paper around enough that I could get at least one clean edge.  I then pressed and rubbed firmly to make sure there were no air bubbles and that it was all glued together.



Let them fully dry and trim the edges.  Then do the same to the other side of the cardboard and paper.  I had to put them under a heavy book this time to dry flat.  Once its dry you can add your embellishments if you are putting them on there.  I didn't see anything I liked when I made a quick run to the craft store.  So I'm going to try to find something so I know what year it is or just write it on there with a Sharpie.




After I trimmed the edges again it was time to put it all together.  I had a 2 hole punch left over from my working in an office days.  It came in very handy.



Add the binder clips and you have yourself a book of cards. (I plan on doing this with the Baptism and Birthday cards the kids get.  Also thought of making an on going one for myself with cards from the kids and the hubby.)




Here it is on our mantel.



It was a very simple project.  The longest part was waiting for the ModPog to dry.  Hope you enjoy it. 


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment